CHAPES JPL FAQ HAS OUR MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Not A Typical Pawn Shop?
To sum it up:
- While typical pawn shops charge high rates that often leads to default, our loans are affordable, to ensure you pay off your loan.
- We have been the trusted name in asset-based lending for 30 plus years.
- We typically pay and loan 2 to 3 times more than the average pawn shop!
- Our interest rates on loans are some of the lowest in the industry.
- Unlike typical pawnbrokers, we understand the value of your jewelry for a loan.
- No pressure – we provide a discreet and comfortable setting for our clients.
- Security – your items are insured and kept in a bank secured vault until you are ready to pick it up.
What Can I Use As Collateral For My Loan?
While the majority of loans we do are on jewelry, diamonds and fine timepieces like Rolex®, Breitling® and Patek Philippe®. We also do loans on collectible and exotic automobiles, boats, personal watercraft, motorcycles, silver flatware and fine handbags such as Louis Vuitton® and Hermes®. For criteria on loans other than jewelry please contact us.
What Should I Expect at Chapes-JPL’s Location?
We offer our clients a relaxing and comfortable office setting to discuss their options. Like with any lender please let us know the amount of money you need to borrow and what collateral you would like to use. If we agree on a value then a simple one-page contract is issued and your funds are given to you immediately. The whole process takes about 20 minutes.
*Loans other than jewelry may take longer due to the research time needed.
What Do I Need To Bring With Me Besides My Collateral?
A photo ID is required for any transaction. Please also note that fingerprints are taken.
How Am I Paid If I Decide To Do A Loan On My Items?
Payouts to the customer are made via company check. Checks can be cashed immediately during bank hours. Sorry, no cash is kept on the premises.
What Forms Of Payment Are Accepted To Renew Or Pickup My Loan?
Interest payments in the form of cash, money order or debit/credit card are accepted. Cashier’s checks and money orders can be mailed and payments via credit card are accepted by phone. Loan pickups, however, can only be redeemed with cash or by official bank wire. Sorry, personal checks are not accepted.
How Long Can I Keep My Loan?
Loans are initially made for 30 days, but can be renewed for an additional term of 30 days by simply paying the interest. There is no limit to the number of times you can renew your loan.
What If I Refer A Customer Or Client?
Refer a customer to us and we will pay you 1/2 of the first month’s interest on any loan that is issued OR 5% of any purchase that is made. And you get your referral fee when the paperwork is processed!
**Referral fees are based on the referred party’s first transaction. One referral fee per distinct customer. Referring party must call ahead to notify us of client referred to receive fee.**