- Use a sturdy and secure box to prevent any damage during transit.
- Wrap each piece of jewelry individually in bubble wrap or tissue paper to avoid scratches.
- Place the wrapped items in a padded or cushioned container within the box.
- Include a detailed inventory list of the items being shipped.
- Attach a copy of the purchase receipt or appraisal for customs purposes.
- Clearly state the value of the jewelry in the shipping documents.
- Be transparent in your customs declarations about the nature and value of the items.
- Research and comply with both the sender and receiver country’s customs regulations.
- Opt for DHL’s enhanced security features if available.
- Consider using tamper-evident packaging to ensure the contents remain secure.
- Use DHL’s tracking service to monitor the shipment’s progress.
- Share the tracking details with the recipient for transparency.
- Check DHL’s list of prohibited and restricted items to ensure compliance.
- Be aware of any specific restrictions on precious metals in the destination country.
Customs Duties and Taxes:
- Inform the recipient about potential customs duties and taxes they may need to pay upon receiving the package.
- Consider prepaying these charges to avoid delays in delivery.
Golden Express: Navigating the World of Secure Jewelry Shipments with DHL was last modified: November 21st, 2023 by